Matt turned 13 on March 28! He's as tall as me now, although I try to convince him that he's not quite there yet. His voice is deep and he has armpit hair. He's pretty proud of the armpit hair! He likes baseball, football, and grilling. All very American activities, which are hard to do in Indonesia. But we do our best to get some of those in. Our new house has a grill, so we bought him grilling tools and charcoal for his birthday so he can get some practice. He's getting pretty good, and I imagine he will enjoy it more when rainy season is over. Every time he's grilled it has started raining in the middle and he ends up soaked. The food is great though. For his birthday from grandma he got 13 imported sodas, 13 bowls of his favorite cup o noodles, and a bunch of candy. He also got shirts and a kindle cover. It's funny to lots of people that we give Dr. Pepper as a gift, but it's a big deal when the cans are $1 a piece!I'm so thankful for Matt and how he makes me laugh, and helps us out with the babies (as long as I keep the Dr. Peppers coming...). He tries to hide it but he's really a softy. This year he's done really well at school, even though we had to move (again) and he had to start somewhere new (again), he's been a real trooper. He's made new friends and his grades are the best they've ever been. Pretty impressive, since his new school is about a year ahead of his old school, so in a sense it's like he just skipped a grade with no warning.
Jeremy and Matt hiked the little turtle mountain while we were on vacation at the beach.
The grill master produces great results, even in a torrential downpour! I'm nearly a month late with his birthday "tribute" but he's used to it. I couldn't ask for a better first son! Happy Birthday Matt!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment